On the farm
- Take a stroll by the creek, take a picnic hamper and cool your wine in the creek. (advance notice is required for hampers)
- Walk among the cows and calves as they graze (calving time is between July and October).
- If we are feeding out hay, you are welcome to ride on the back of the truck with us
- If you would like a tour of the farm, please ask. Hitch a ride up to Sunset Ridge and walk back!
- Bird watching – there are over 55 species of birds on our property, with masses of Blue Wrens, Finches, Eastern Spinebill and Parrots in the gardens surrounding the cottage.
- Bushwalking – we are happy to point you in the right direction.
- Native animals – kangaroos, eagles and echidnas see them in their natural surroundings.
- Enjoy a relaxing game of tennis on the all-weather tennis court.
- Guided meditations can be arranged. There are many energy points on our property if you prefer a private meditation.
- Visit the Bendemeer Craft Shop for locally handmade craft, cakes and biscuits.
- The Bendemeer Hotel has a great bistro with the best steaks
- The Pioneer General Store can supply you with all your groceries, bread and milk – they have the best coffee!!
- Bendemeer Tourist Park has fuel and an ATM.
- Try trout fishing in the McDonald River in Bendemeer – licences are obtainable from the Tourist Park.
- Watch the platypus under the old Bendemeer Bridge at sunrise/sunset.
- Visit Banalasta Visitor Centre and Blickling Estate cellar door. See www.banalasta.com.au
- Enjoy a visit to Fred Hillier’s ceramics studio at Moonbi (he specialises in making the Aussie “dunny”).
- Horseriding at Moonbi – about 25 mins drive to Heritage Hill Equine Centre. See www.heritagehillequine.com.au
- Eastview Estate at Kentucky – approx. 35 min drive. This is not just a cellar door and great restaurant, it is an EXPERIENCE!! Steve and Lyn are great hosts and make you incredibly welcome. You must try Steve’s brewed beers. See www.eastviewestate.com
- Then onto the town of Uralla, Thunderbolt the bushranger’s resting place. Museums, foundry, galleries, antique shops, old books, cafes and wineries.
- There is always something happening in the Tamworth region, farmers markets, art shows, horse events, and concerts. See www.visittamworth.com
Bendemeer Campdraft and Rodeo held every February
Grey Fergie Tractor Muster - see www.fergietractormuster.org.au
"Colours of Autumn" Art & Craft Exhibition 19th-24th and 26th-28th April, 2013
Uralla’s Unique Market - last Saturday of every month
Armidale Autumn Festival, 15th - 17th March, 2013
Uralla Food & Wine Festival - Opera in the Vines, 14th April, 2013
Uralla's Thunderbolt Festival in October
- Take a scenic day trip to Nundle with its woollen mill and shop, galleries, quilt shop, old-fashioned grocery store and visit wineries and the Edelweiss Gallery on the way at Dungowan. 1hr 15 mins drive approx.
- Going East, visit gorges and national parks and the spectacular Apsley Falls where there are good picnic facilities and easy walks. 1hr. 10 mins. approx.
- To the West is Manilla where they have hang gliding, a mead distillery and the drive passes through geological points of interest. 1 hr. drive approx. See www.visittamworth.com
- Lake Keepit – through Manilla going west – excellent for sailing and fishing, gliding club, (book yourself a joy flight) www.keepitsoaring.com , ultra-light aircraft and gyrocopter flying school.